When the House Church has 10 baptized adult members, it becomes Worship Group. As the membership grows to 25 it qualifies to have a temporary shed which is built with the help of the local believers. When the need arises a permanent building is erected with 15 X 25 size for conducting worship. This is Type 1 church cost Rs.4.50 Lakh.
The necessity of better church building arises when the membership grows to 50. To build a church, a piece of land with a minimum of 2,400 square (60*40) feet area is needed. Local believers donate land for construction. If there is no such provision, lands are purchased.
The church believers fill the church construction form and send it as per the procedure. When the land is registered legally in the name of the Society, the form will be accepted and church construction will be initiated as per the availability of funds.
For a worship group with 50 members, Semi Pakka church, called a Type 2 church, will be constructed. To build a Semi Pakka church having asbestos or Tiles or tin sheets as its roof, in 600 square feet, costs Rs. 8 lakhs, with RCC. The local believers extend their voluntary help of watering and manual laboring during the construction.
When the church membership crosses 100, a permanent structure is constructed with RCC roofing. This Type 3 church costs Rs. 11 lakhs.
Model of a Local Church
The Fellowship of Vishwa Vani Churches function as having 4 important dimensions
- The church that praises and worships the Triune God through individual and corporate worship.
- The church that teaches purely from the Word of God.
- The church that brings those who do not know Christ through the ministry of Good news.
- The church that meets the needs of society through love in action.
Fellowship Groups in Local Church
To strengthen the members of the church in the Word of the Lord and to meet the spiritual need of individuals, 5 different fellowship groups are formed in every church on the basis of age. They gather as small groups every week and talk freely expressing their opinion, share their problems and pray for one another.
- Barrack Fellowship – Married men above 30 years are members of Barrack Fellowship and gather every Monday.
- Deborah fellowship – Married ladies above 30 years gather as Deborah Fellowship and gather every Tuesday
- Timothy fellowship – Young men between the age of 18 to 30 form Timothy Fellowship and gather every Thursday
- Esther fellowship – Unmarried girls between the age of 16 to 30 are the members of Esther Fellowship and gather every Thursday.
- Dorcas Fellowship – Boys below 18 years and girls below 16 years gather as Dorcus Fellowship (Sunday School) every Sunday
There will be a leader for each Fellowship Group
Local church committee
Every church functions with 4 self formulae namely Self supporting, Self governing, self propagating and self nurturing. Local Church Committee is formed with the members of the church Pastor, stewards, Fellowship Leaders evangelist, along with the web monitor of Vishwa Vani Movement.
Sacraments of the Church
According to the teaching of the Gospel, Vishwa Vani Churches India follows two sacraments – Holy baptism and Holy Communion.
The members of Fellowship of Vishwa Vani Churches are the new believers who have accepted Jesus and confess their faith through the church planting ministry of Vishwa Vani.
Every first week of the month and in special services, the pastor who is ordained, as presbyter will administer Holy Communion.
Order of Service
Order of Service, songs and music were designed according to the culture, in their own mother tongue.